Tuesday, July 29, 2008

CCF

Sometimes I feel like I'm just a CCF, a "Circumstantial Christ Follower"

I pray things like, "Lord, please teach me true humility, make me a genuinely humble person" ((but in the back of my mind I hope... "but also please do not let that come in the form of public humiliation, facial disfigurement... you know, anything horrible that might be a way You could teach genuine humility"))

and then I pray things like, "Lord, I want to serve you! Give me opportunities to serve you!!" ((but not in the form of 4:00am calls to pick up people from the hospital, or anything that will make me look really stupid, or anything that makes me uncomfortable, please))

and then I pray, "Lord, help me to love others with everything that I have, truly, from deep within, let me pour out a love on them that comes straight from Your heart" ((But not to "so and so", she is really hard to love... and not to that person because they hurt me a long time ago... well maybe I could fake it, yeah I'll just fake it.. isn't that good enough?))

and then I pray, "Lord, I want to be obedient! Help me to follow all of Your ways!" ((Except that one, and that one too, and that one isn't all that important is it?"

and then I pray, "Lord, I hand over the reins to you, I give you total control!" ((Except when I can handle it. You've got a lot on Your plate, I've toootally got this one!))



I don't know. I just coined the term CCF and I don't like it. I don't want to be a Circumstantial Christ Follower. I want to be like Christ no matter WHAT it takes. and I want it to be real.

No comments: