Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Engagement pictures

Planning is well under way! and let me tell you, it's A LOT of fun!

I would like to start by saying something that I find very important. I am madly in love with the man I am going to marry! I am so excited about the dress, and the engagement pictures, and the invitations and yada yada yada... all of that. but what I am the MOST incredibly out of this world excited for is to marry the man of my dreams. If I have to wear a potato sack and get married in a dump... I could care less. The thing I am most excited about is committing my life to Joshua. and I mean that from the very bottom of my heart. (ok well maybe i'd be sort of upset if I was in a potato sack, but I think I've made my point!) :-)

Anyway, engagement pictures were today! We have been so incredibly blessed the last few months. What with the beautiful house that Josh bought for practically nothing, the thousands of dollars in appliances that were given to us, and the generosity we have seen from people for our wedding... we have so much to be thankful for!

One huge blessing was our photography for the wedding. We have a very very talented photographer who runs an extremely successful business called Modern Photographics in Lowell. He is high end, high quality, and high creativity. He is also a member at our church and has a generous, servants heart so he was able to work with us and our budget. Today we had our engagement session and he spent THREE HOURS with us taking what must have been close to 300 pictures... seriously. It was amazing. He and his wife have such great hearts and such a talent for photography. If anyone has any photographic needs in the Lowell area, please call his Modern Photographics.

Also, I've got the invitations all worked out! They are incredibly cute and exactly what I had in mind. Inexpensive too. I figure that wedding invitations are going to go straight into the trash... I mean really, do anyone but moms and grandmothers keep them? So I found exactly what I was looking for.

Oh and I asked all of my bridesmaids, finally, to be in my wedding and they all said yes! My little sister and I went dress shopping tonight and found the perfect dress for her. It also just so happens that Josh's sister bought a dress a week ago in the exact color I decided on tonight! How crazy is that!?

Anyway, that's all for now.... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm having fun reading all your wedding news... I'm sorry I'm such a slacker. It's discouraging, really, but I don't even have anything to report :o(