Monday, July 28, 2008

Baptism!

So.. I finally did it yesterday, I got baptized! There really isn't any reason that I waited so long... I just couldn't ever bring myself to do it until yesterday. I was quite nervous, actually, but I am so glad that I finally went through with it. Impact had baptisms up at Wabasis Lake.. I think close to 16 or 17 people got baptized and it was truly amazing. God is still moving in people's hearts... in this community... in this world. It really renewed my passion for continually reaching out to people. He is so Good! oh and after- Braden, Stacy, Kyrie, and Brian came out to Josh's (our) house and we watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles together and ate pizza. It was pretty much the best day ever :-)

Wedding planning is also going very well :-) Last Thursday I went with Amanda, Emily, Kyrie, and Jenn to get bridesmaids dresses. It took about an hour for everyone to find the right dress that came in the right color, but it was a lot of fun! That means that everyone but my maid of honor has their dresses picked out and ordered. After, we went to the Macaroni Grill and had like a two hour dinner... which was also a lot of fun and then 3 of the 4 girls came over along with my junior bridesmaid Katie and we just hung out at my house til midnight or so, talking, cutting ribbon... oh and Emily did my first hair trial run and I'm feeling so good about having her do my hair! We still have a few other ideas to try and I'm really looking forward to that as well.

I asked Josh if he would like to handle the honeymoon and he said yes! He has been really helpful in the wedding planning and we've made all of the big decisions together. I don't want this to be "my wedding" I want it to be "our wedding!" Plus he loooves to travel and always finds the best deals on anything and everything, so I know I have nothing to worry about when it comes to our honeymoon :-)

WoW I love him!

No comments: