Sunday, September 21, 2008

One Year

One year ago today I was living in Lowell, with my sister, working with my parents at Canfield Plumbing and Heating

One year ago I was getting more involved at Impact Church, a place that I can not imagine my life apart from now.

One year ago I was learning about youth ministry and figuring out that I have a special place in my heart for teen girls. I was starting to hang out with the teens at Impact.

One year ago was a Friday. I went over to Voyages Coffee shop to grab myself some caffeine nad say "Hi" to some people I might know.

One year ago I went in to get coffee and DID, in fact, run into someone that I know. Josh McCracken. My friend of a year and the leader of the youth group I'd been hanging out with.

One year ago we sat down and he said... "So, can I take you on a date tonight?" and I said Yes (!!)

One year ago I danced my way back to work.... anticipating the evening ahead.

One year ago today, I got dressed and redressed trying to find the perfect outfit. I decided on a purple shirt with a pink waist-belt and some cute jeans.

One year ago today I got picked up, taken out to dinner, driven out to Saugatuck, and swept off my feet.

One year ago today I went on my first date with my best friend, future husband, and the love of my life :-)

2 comments:

Stac said...

My heart fluttered a little bit when I read the line about asking you on a date...
I was not expecting that! :)

Rachel said...

Oh Leslie! This made me smile all over again! : )