Monday, September 15, 2008

Nicknames

So, most of my posts are about wedding stuff.

Probably because I'm getting married in 25 days (!!!!)

Buttttt one thing I have noticed is that most people have a nickname for their beloved. For example, Josh calls me Daisy, or Daisy Duke, or Princess, or Love.... maybe a couple more but he usually just sticks to Daisy. I call him Hero, Babe, Love, my Knight in Shining Armor (well that's not much of a nickname but I think I've made my point).

But probably what I love the most is when he calls me "his bride". That just makes my heart flutter, swoon, and sway into the sweet fragrance of the air that is released upon the very breath that was used to utter the words!

and then... and then I hear other people call their brides, their beloveds:

The Wife

Oh how my heart longs to never be "the wife" to Josh. ("Oh I wanted to go climb that tree ya know, but the wife said no" or "I think I can go hang with you guys, but let me check with the wife...")

and I think that it's said some times as a joke. But I think sometimes, a lot of times, it's not. and I never ever want to get to a point in our relationship where he will ever have to call me.

"The Wife"





However, it probably is better than "the old bag!" but that's on a completely different playing field hahaha

3 comments:

Braden said...

leslie what beautiful writing, so fitting for such beautiful thoughts. Thanks remember when the gang was walking to our cars and I jokingly called stacy " old bag" the end

Braden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Braden said...

oh I heard another one yesterday,
what do you think about "my old lady"
I kind of like it not.