Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tick Tock... Tick Tock... Tick Tock...

So, time is doing the most incredible thing. Or atleast, my perception of time is.

There are 36 days until I marry the man of my dreams! Only 36! The days have flown by at a speed that I have not quite adjusted to. I can't really wrap my mind around the fact that I will be a happily married woman in a few short weeks, moving into our new home, vacationing in the Caribbean, doing things that married people do.....

But then at the same exact time I find my heart and my mind sighing in unison and then, in a whiny voice saying, "What?! We still have to wait 36 days?! But I want it to be here nowwww... I want it to come sooner! What's taking so long??"

It's quite the paradox, I tell you. and fascinating, really. I am going to give up trying to figure out if it's going by too quickly or agonizingly slow, and just enjoy every moment as it comes.

Another thing is kind of amusing is people's reaction when I say how many days are left until the wedding. "So when's the big dayyyy??" they coo. and then I reply excitedly, "October 10, only 36 days away!!" and then they laugh and say something like, "Not that you're counting or anything *wink wink*". and it's just funny to me how funny it is to everyone else that I'm counting down. Ok maybe I started the count kind of early at like 75 days, but how could I not count down to this, the most exciting day of my life thus far? It's just interesting.

Anyway, I love being engaged. I love planning our wedding. and I love being in love!

2 comments:

Stac said...

I/we am/are excitedly counting down with you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm counting mine down too... but it's not as close as your's...