Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm a Stress Ninja

So the wedding is 9 days away!! I am so ridiculously, incredibly, and overwhelmingly excited! But let me tell you what, I am certainly feeling the pressure. It has been easy this entire time with planning and all of that to not be stressed. I have enjoyed every single moment of this getting married process but in the last few days.... it has been a real effort to not get incredibly stressed out.

It seems like little things keep popping up all over the place. and some of them aren't little things, some of them are actually quite large. And some of them don't have to do with stupid things like decorations and cakes, some of them have to do with my heart and the fact that it is hurt some times by people and situations.

and I am fighting it. and I've never fought stress before. But what I'm realizing is that it can be fought. and that I can win. and that I am winning. I have made conscious decisions to not worry about things, to trust them with other people, and to just "let it go". I keep reminding myself, "ok Leslie, why are you getting married? Is it so other people can have a great night at the expense of your relationship with Josh in the weeks leading up to it? No.... is it so that you can forget who you are and be selfish for a while and be the center of attention? No.... Is it just a big show that will entertain people? No! It is a declaration of our love to God and to each other. It is the biggest commitment of my life. It doesn't matter if anyone else is there but him. It doesn't matter if the world falls apart around me as I'm walking down the aisle- I'll crawl over the rubble to get to that altar. It's not about anyone or anything other than God and my groom."

and that little internal conversation is like taking a knife to the jugular of stress! ::hiiiya!::

It helps to have an amazing groom, I might add. He has been so wonderful. and patient. and kind. and understanding. He has spoken Truth into my heart when it is cloudy with doubt and lies. He loves me, and he loves me well.

I will win this fight! WE will win!

((But prayers are still appreciated!))

No comments: