Friday, September 28, 2007

My heart is smiling!

I am happy.



That's about as simple as sentences get. But it's such a huge statement. I'm happy. I am happy. I'M HAPPY! Are you? I really hope so.



I just got done hanging out with Julie, Amanda, and Emily. My 'sisters' that I choose to have in my life. My high school best friends. haha we had a great night. It included Lowell's homecoming football game and then the grand opening of a hot blues "club" downtown. Swing friends were there so I got to do some dancing, and we laughed. We laughed so much. OH and they had Brandon, Matt, Bock... Kyra, Becky, and myself compete aaaand lets just say that Brandon and I won the crowd over... I think it helped that I had my own cheering section in said crowd though. Thanks ladies :-)



aaand today I found the most delightful bouquet of flowers in a gorgeous vase painted just for me by this amazing guy whose eye I have somehow caught. I'm quite smitten with the whole thing, to be completely honest.



Chelsea once asked me, "Leslie, if you walked up to people talking... and just as you approached their conversation you realized that they are talking about you... and the last words out of their mouths are... "Leslie is...." - how would you want that sentence to end?" aaand that is actually a really hard question to come up with an answer to on the spot. But I finally chose genuine. My hearts cry is to be genuine. It's really easy for me to be fake... fake interested.... fake excited.... fake happy... not good, not good at all. But lately I have found that I'm genuinely interested in people. I'm genuinely interested in you Danielle, Josh, Kyra, Chelsea, Brian, Cory.... I genuinely care.



I also wouldn't mind if the next word in that sentence included any of the following either: accepting, loving, humble, fun, feminine, ladylike, serious, funny, outgoing, caring, fierce, a woman, obedient, spontaneous, interesting, intelligent, pretty, determined, successful, deep, an example, a follower of Christ, a disciple of the Living God, honorable, a fighter, loveable, honest....

but to be any of those only on the outside only is empty. So Lord, please let me be all of those things, but let me be them genuinely. Not as a show. Not so that I can get people to like me. Not so I can just make other people happy. Let me genuinely be all of these things, and let me be them all for You.


::sigh:: I'm happy.....

oh and just as a side note. I am compiling a list... sort of a... "suggestions for living fully" list. It's been kind of fun. You know how everyone is always like, "yeah... I like to live life to the fullest"... well what does that mean? I wonder. So, I'm writing things down, observations, lessons, tips, suggestions, ideas down. It's kind of fun. If you have any please comment me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was such a pleasant read... and posted just hours ago :o)

Genuine is most definitely a word to describe you. I think it is a great asspiration in life, too... being genuine. It's something that I strive to be, and couldn't put a word on it until now... thanks.

I am so pleased to see my name listed among those who you wish to be genuine with, and the feeling is mutual. Thank you for being you, for being such a great friend in the short time we have known each other, for having a contagious smile, for opening your home (and couch) to me, for opening your ears to me, for opening your heart, for allowing me to make dinner because you know it's something I enjoy doing, for hugging me when you see me...

I love you :o)

P.S. I'm glad you had such a great time tonight... I dit, too... and I'm about to write a blog about it... stay tuned.