Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

Labor day could easily be retitled "Oh crap, summer is almost over?! Day haha

This is going to be such an awesome year. I am so excited for what God has in store. I'm ready to put my extremely fun summer behind me and move into a new season of doing things that really truly matter in this world. I'm excited to make an impact.

1 Corinthians 9 23-24:
"I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize."

I'm entering the race this year and believe me, it's going to be one heck of a run.

ha, I witnessed this on Saturday:





It was awesome! The biggest upset in college football history, yeah! Now of course I was cheering for Michigan, but I have no vested interest in their success (ahem Go Green!) and let me tell you what, I was so excited for Appalachian State! It was like a real life football movie unfolding in front of my eyes. It was an awesome game that I was so happy to have witnessed. Big thanks to Matt for taking me :)

This poem really spoke to my heart:

As long as I live, I will only love my Lord

With all my heart, strength and mind, I will only love my Lord

Regardless of what happens, I will only love my Lord

In all my actions and words, I will only love my Lord

In times of humility and learning, I will only love my Lord

In times of joy and gladness, I will only love my Lord

Whether I face hunger or if I am full, I will only love my Lord

I am His in life or death, I will only love my Lord.

The Lord has sacrificed His life for me

My deep sin has been pardoned

I have dedicated my life to Him

I will only love my Lord.

-Brother Yun, Chinese Christian

aaaand this finally:

Song of Solomon 3

1 All night long on my bed I looked for the one my heart loves; I looked for him but did not find him. I will get up now and go about the city, through its streets and squares; I will search for the one my heart loves. So I looked for him but did not find him.


2 The watchmen found me as they made their rounds in the city. "Have you seen the one my heart loves?"

3 Scarcely had I passed them when I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go till I had brought him to my mother's house, to the room of the one who conceived me

4 Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.

This was an exceptionally random post... wasn't it?

L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was an exceptionally wonderful post :o) Random posts are quite fun, and welcomed often.