Thursday, September 20, 2007

All of my memories.....

Can I just go ahead and say that my life is pretty much amazing. I have been having so much fun and such cool memories lately that I need to dedicate another blog entirely to remembering them. "May your life be filled with moments that make your life sooo sweet" well, my life is full of them!

Memory to remember #1: Watching the Lowell Police give Brian, Josh, and myself parking tickets from the safety of a 40 foot tree and making the fastest getaway ever. Ohmygosh it is the coolest story, please ask me to tell it if you haven't heard it already.

Memory to remember #2: Dancing in a swing dance competition! What?! Me, in a competition? silly I know, but we had a blast. Got totally off routine, but had a blast.

Memory to remember #3: Meeting the super cool band Atlantic and hanging out with their funny butts for a few days. Teaching them to swing dance. Going rollerblading from 12:15 to 2:30 in the morning with Josh and Cory. Taking a tour of Lowell the cool way. Having good conversations. Laughing. Looking at the stars.

Memory(ies) to remember #4: Late night excurisions. To the train bridge, to Creekside Kingdom, outsmarting the boys with Cherry, walking around downtown and the Amway Grand, going to the top of the building just to see the view.

Overall the past couple of weeks have been busy, really fun, but very very busy. Lots of dancing, I am getting more into teaching it now. I'm not the best instructor but I can get pretty much anyone doing the basics with a few twists and such.

My latest craze and desire for myself is to be feminine. To be a woman. Not just what God created me to be, but what God created me to be as a woman. I want to be Guinevere, Esther, Ruth, Deborah.... Fierce yet feminine. A lover and a fighter. Funny and serious. Skinny and curvy. Happy and sad. Optimistic and realistic. Honest and brutally honest.

I love this "crazy tragic, sometimes almost magic... awful beautiful life"

This was strictly a post for me. If you enjoyed it great, if you didn't I'm sorry. But I needed it. I need to remember. I need to.

-Leslie

P.S. I want the song "I hope you dance" to be played at my funeral. Is that weird to say? I hope it doesn't ruin the song for anyone but I'm afraid that it is what it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are good memories... and I'm looking forward to hearing more about memory #1...

And picking a song for your funeral is not weird and did not ruin the song.