Thursday, September 6, 2007

Have you seen the one my heart loves?

Have you seen the one my heart loves?
It's a question that burns, a fire I can not dim.
and incase your paths cross before ours do,
I have a few things I wish that you would tell him.

Tell him that I'm waiting,
I'm not going anywhere
Tell him that I'm hoping,
that it's my life I'm willing to share.

Tell him that I'm doing ok
Tell him that I'm alright
Tell him that I do miss him at times
that winning my heart will require a fight

Tell him that I pray for him
but that sometimes I forget
Tell him that I've made mistakes
but now my heart is set

Tell him that I hope he's strong
His faith and heart are true
Tell him that I pray he's been tested
and tried through and through

Tell him that I hope he has waited
singlehood he has known well
Tell him that I know it too
and that at times it has been harder than I can tell.

Tell him that it's going to be a challenge
I can be "difficult" at times
Tell him that God is changing that
and gradually it's becoming His light that shines

Tell him that I'm doing just fine
I have dreams and passions of my own
Tell him that I don't want him until it's Gods time
and I'm the one for him, has been clearly shown.

Tell him that I don't need him
I'm fulfulled in a much Deeper way
but tell him that I want him
so much that words can't sufficiently say...

Tell him that I'm truly happy
my life is right on track
Tell him that I'm quite content
and that I hope he can say the same thing back.

Tell him that we're connected already
he need only say a prayer
Remind him we're talking to the same God
and when I'm not... He's there.

So I ask again, Have you seen the one my heart loves?
It's a question that burns, a fire that will not dim
and incase your paths cross before ours do,
I have a few things I need you to tell him...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked it on facebook (where I read it first) but it was much better to read it in green :o)