Sunday, August 5, 2007

New Blog!

Alright, I have no idea why, but I wanted to start a new blog. From what I hear blogging is really good for the Spirit, so here I am. I ocassionally blog on myspace, but that's usually when I have a thought that I really want to share with others or a point that I want to make. Unfortunately, I think that sometimes I just need to record thoughts, ideas, events...

This has been, by far, the most amazing summer of my life. I feel like I've been committing some kind of crime against myself by not keeping a good enough record of it. I just finished a week of counseling at a middle school church camp called Wesley Woods. It was an amazing experience! I was challenged, and it was really refreshing. I feel like I haven't done a lot of terribly difficult things in my life, and last week was really quite difficult at times for me. Of course there were the easy and fun moments, but the week was really challenging for the most part. I learned that there are some things that are broken that I can not fix, no matter how much I want to. I learned that I have to let God take control of some situations. There were times of emotional chaos in my cabin when there was so much tension that it could've been cut with a knife. Times like that I just had to stop and pray and ask God to intervene, because it got to a point when there wasn't much that I could do.

I also met some of the most amazing kids ever. Kids who are kind, easy, fun, hurt, open minded, curious, and unique. Kids who are learning about who they are and who God is. I feel like God was able to use me. I feel like I was able to show them a positive side of living for Jesus. I feel like I spent a week living and learning and pouring out myself and being filled all in the same day.

As far as the rest of the summer goes, I have been dance, dance, dancing! I have made some seriously awesome friends and gotten really close to a few people that I never expected to get close to. I'd say on any given week there are atleast 3 nights when I'm somewhere around Grand Rapids or Lowell dancing my heart out, having fun and loving life. I feel like I'm at this peak, this mountain top.

So between dancing, Harry Potter 7, all of the awesome movies that have come out, the new friendships I've made, the coffee dates with Chelsea and Colleen, the coffee dates with new friends, dancing at church, living with my sister, working with my mom, the occassional massage appointment, camp, Impact church, and my friends, this has been an amazzzzzing summmmerrrrr and I just had to say something about it :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having such an awesome summer... I'm not sure if I can say the exact same thing, but it has certainly been a memorable one :o)