Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mirror mirror on the wall, whose am I after all?

This has been the most transforming 48 hours I have experienced in quite some time.

Seriously! I feel like I am a completely different person right now than I was 36 hours ago. and the scary thing is that, I feel like I've captured who I was. Who I am. Who I want to be.

It's like the last month or so I have been standing in this steamy bathroom trying desperately to see myself in a mirror that is completely fogged over. I was trying to remember who I was, and what I was about, and what I looked like.... but couldn't make out anything but a blob of a person with hazy lines and no backbone.

and then bam, today, something clicked! I can't even pinpoint exactly what it was. But I feel like Someone reached out and wiped the mirror clean and there I am. Still me. Still here. Still fightin.

I don't necessarily like what I see. But atleast I see it right? Atleast I know what it looks like, how bad it is, what needs to change. What has to change.

and I'm ready to go one more round

I'M ALIVE!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a really good post... and really good imagery... you've got a creative writer hidden inside of you, Leslie. Keep letting it out :o)