Monday, June 16, 2008

Dum Dum da Dum...

Two of my really great friends, David and Katie, just got engaged! It's been a little over a week and seriously I couldn't be more excited for them :-) It's interesting though, because I have been asked twice... "So Leslie, like... David and Katie just got engaged and.. does that like, ya know, sting a little bit? Make ya a little jealous?"

My answer: Not at all! Are you kidding me?

I have always had this deep trust that God has a perfect timing and I tell you what, I believe that more than ever these days. I've always known that marriage and all that fun stuff would happen for me when it's supposed to, and because of that I've never really felt jealous of anyone as their time came to pass. I'm not perfect and yes I have longed for that time, of course, but I am thinking really hard right now and I can't say that I've ever really been "jealous". Maybe a long time ago, but in the last 2 years... no...not that I can think of right now anyway. Really, I don't think so. I'd say that if anything, I am even more excited for it to happen to me now :-)

I have always wanted to be a person who shares in other people's excitement. That is a personal goal of mine. and I want that to come out of a genuine heart and a genuine love for that person and a genuine excitement. I just want to be that way. I think it's a beautiful way to live and love others.

and I have soooo so much in my life. Shame on me if I should ever want more than what God has so generously blessed me with.

Anyway, congratulations David and Katie!

No comments: