Sunday, March 9, 2008

Love me, love me.. say that you love me...

I have an extremely romantic boyfriend. and I absolutely love it. I would love him if he didn't do the little things he does but I love that he does. and he loves that I love it. It's a beautiful circle :-) However, I can not stand people and their annoying comments such as the following:

"Ohhh yeah, I remember when my husband used to do stuff like that! Enjoy it now, it won't last forever"

"Those were the days.."

"::sigh:: To be young and in love again.."

"oh you're so lucky to still be in the 'infatuation' stage"


I feel certain that this is not just a phase, that this is not just attempts to win my heart that will end as soon as I walk down the aisle. I feel like my certainty is viewed as ignorance or some kind of naivety. I feel like I shouldn't doubt Joshua because everyone else's man stopped pursuing their hearts. I feel like people should keep their mouth shut and not rain on my parade because theirs ended a long time ago. I refuse to accept their mediocrity and lower my expectations for what everyone else is living. I don't want to be like everyone else and I never have.

Wow. I didn't realize how much that bothered me until about 2 seconds ago.

2 comments:

Warrior said...

i won't stop

Anonymous said...

Amen! :o)